Benefits of an Educational Consultant
When a student has a hard time with a math function or a written passage in English, they can seek out extra help from their professors or tutors. So, if parents are having similar problems when trying to sort through the sometimes dizzying number of educational decisions for their child, they might want someone in their corner as well.
An educational consultant is an independent expert in learning that works with schools, families and students to find the best strategy in attaining an educational or academic goal. Much like a guidance counsellor helps students sift through their options for post-secondary programs and future careers, an educational consultant assists families in deciding what their values are and what’s important for them in an educational experience, and presents them with options that they believe are the best fit.
Here are some of the pros and cons of hiring an educational consultant:
- If a parent is new to the private system, an educational consultant can be a valuable resource
- An educational consultant will ease the schedule of time-strapped parents
- They can help with choosing the school, how to prepare for interviews and applications, and advise on how best to work with school administration
- They can provide insight into what a child will need in a school to succeed academically and socially
- They may have inside information and lesser-known resources for financial aid
- Some parents may wish to have a more hands-on approach in choosing a school
- An educational consultant is an added expense
Some families choose to do the preliminary research themselves, and then hire an educational consultant to assist with the application process, or vice versa. There are many ways to work with an educational consultant when looking for the right private or independent school, so it never hurts to look into your options.
Learn more about topics such as choosing a school and the application process by attending one of the Private School Expos! Attend information seminars and meet with school officials and current students face-to-face. Register now to get 50% off your admission!
* * * * *
Would you hire an educational consultant? Why or why not? Share your thoughts in the Comments section below.