Wow! What an incredible Sunday spent at the Montreal Private School Expo! The Our Kids team was excited to meet and greet parents yesterday who came out for the annual event, which took place in downtown Montreal at the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm.
The Expo gave parents and their children the opportunity to meet with English and French schools, their representatives and current students all in one day to learn more about what private schools have to offer and get answers to their top questions.
Families were invited to join the information seminars covering “How to Choose a School” and “English School Eligibility Under Bill 115″, ask questions at the Q&A sessions, and meet with the schools one-on-one to discuss all of the topics they attended the Expo eager to get answers to.
This year, the Expo featured over 30 different schools from across Quebec, some parts of Canada, and even Switzerland! The information sessions ran throughout the afternoon featuring ten keynote speakers:
- Nancy Sweer—Head at The Study
- Shawn O’Donnell—Head of School at The Sacred Heart School of Montreal
- Martin Bailly—Headmaster at West Island College
- Andrew Blair—Director of Academics at Stanstead College
- Michel Lafrance—Executive Director at QAIS
- Marsha Warmuth—Admissions Officer at Selwyn House School
- Kathy Nikidis—Head at Miss Edgar’s and Miss Cramp’s
- Geoffrey Dowd—Principal at Trafalgar School for Girls
- Hal Hannaford—Headmaster at Selwyn House School
- Tim Peters—Head at The Priory
Response from parents and school representatives at the Expo were unanimously positive:
”I found the information sessions so valuable! They really answered my questions and relieved some of my stresses. And, the fact that I could directly and personally ask questions after the sessions was fantastic.” — Parent of prospective student
“I was surprised to meet with the Heads of the schools. They were so friendly and approachable; really knowledgeable too.” — Parent of prospective student
“I know what to do next. Making this choice is important to me and my family so I wanted to participate and I’m glad I did.” — Parent of prospective student
If you missed out on the Montreal Expo, please feel free to join us at these upcoming Expos:
- Calgary Private School Expo on Sunday, September 30th, 2012 from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Halton-Peel Private School Expo on Sunday, October 14th, 2012 from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Toronto Private School Expo on Saturday, October 20th, 2012 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Vancouver Private School Expo on Sunday, November 11th, 2012 from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
Register now to get 50% off admission for a family of four!
We’d especially like to thank our sponsors and media partners for their amazing support:
* * * * *
Did you attend the Montreal Private School Expo this year? How was the experience? Would you recommend the Expo to other families? Share your thoughts in the Comments section below!