Is your child interested in a career in Technology, Design or Engineering? Then check out the Stride Career Expo for Technology, Engineering and Design taking place on November 30th, 2012!
STRIDE aims to increase awareness about exciting developing careers in the fields of Technology, Design and Engineering, and to showcase that there are plenty of fulfilling professions available to high school students (particularly grade 12 students), both immediately and longer-term. This free event is open to everyone, with the goal in mind to encourage students to explore their passions further in rewarding careers as university and college application deadlines are fast approaching.
The event is sponsored by The Thinnox Academy, a Mississauga-based career enrichment school, with support from the City of Mississauga, Skills Ontario and other organizations, and expects to see around 300 students from across the GTA.
According to organizers, STRIDE will feature five interactive areas:
- Career Discovery Booths—A place for students to interact with industry professionals and ask questions about the careers of their dreams.
- Start-Up Street—An opportunity for students to learn the ins and outs of entrepreneurship, including the steps necessary to start a business and how to register a patent.
- Assessment Workshops—This area is for students who have an interest in design, engineering and/or technology, but don’t know how to turn that interest into a career. Career specialists will walk students through assessment tests and answer any questions on finding the “perfect career fit”.
- Expert Exchange—Throughout the event there will be presentations from industry professionals.
- Brand Stand—A place for students to receive professional feedback on their resumes and portfolios.
A ribbon cutting ceremony will be led by Harpreet K. Neelan, head of the Peel Technical Skills Challenge from Skills Ontario. The event will also include a raffle with great prizes from Spring Rolls, Baton Rouge, and several other corporations. Students who would like to be eligible for the raffle can RSVP at www.stridecareerexpo.com.
Date: November 30th, 2012
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: Living Arts Centre, BMO Hall, Mississauga
* * * * *