Brantford Private Schools
Find Brantford schools listed below.
Private schools in Brantford have become increasingly popular over the last few decades. Now more than ever, many parents recognize the distinct advantages of sending their child to a private school. Some of these unique pros include:
More About Private Education
- Safety: A 2007 Fraser Institute survey found that 71% of parents with children at academic-based private schools and 74% of parents with children at faith-based private institutions chose private schools for safety reasons. Some private schools offer effective security and small environments that allow staff to recognize any dangers.
- Holistic Education: Most private schools have the capacity to provide students with numerous extra-curricular activity options. In addition, class work is rarely just rote learning, as instructors have the freedom to use creative teaching styles. Private schools focus holistically on molding your son or daughter.
- Close Attention: Your child's private school teachers will work hard to ensure that he or she does not fall behind. Extra help sessions and smaller class sizes give students the chance to ask plenty of questions. Such extra attention is especially useful in your first year of high school.
Making the Right Decision About Brantford's Private Schools
Here are some ways to make an informed decision about private schools in Brantford:
- Contact a representative with the Ontario Ministry of Education to find out whether a school is well-respected.
- Consult the Fraser Institute's annual rankings of schools for a general outline of some of the strengths and weaknesses of a given school.
- Find out if teachers at a particular school have Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) certification.
Paying for Private School in Brantford
Families from a wide-range of income brackets send children to private school. Some schools have tuition of $5,000 or less. However, if you are concerned about paying for a private school in Brantford, check out some of these tips:
- Scholarships: Scholarships reward many different qualities in students, including academic, community service, artistic, and athletic scholarships.
- Financial aid: If you can demonstrate clear financial need, several private schools in Brantford offer bursaries.
- Tax Breaks: In Ontario, sending your child to a faith-based school may count as a charitable donation. Paying for a private school for students with special needs could qualify as a medical expense. In both cases, you would receive a tax break.
- Assistance from grandparents: Grandparents or other relatives often want to help send kids to private school. Ontario would allow them to give you money in the form of a gift, which you could then use to pay for private school. Gifts are tax-free.
List of Brantford Private Schools
85 Charlotte Street,
Located in Brantford, Ontario, Montessori House of Children (MHC) provides excellent programs for grades Nursery to 3 and helps young children reach their learning potential with both independent and self-directed learning. MHC also offers support for students with learning differences. [view profile]
- Nursery/Toddler to 3 (Coed)
- $3,950 to $7,950 per year
36 Baxter Street,
Braemar House School is a not-for-profit elementary school that proves each day that children thrive in a nurturing environment that offers personalized attention. Class cap size is 16. [view profile]
- Preschool to 8 (Coed)
- $11,469 per year
|Ask a Question|
|Ask a question and get it answered in our community Q&A section|
|Get News & Updates|
|Sign up for our free|
e-Newsletter to get news straight to your inbox
|Meet With Schools|
|Come to our Canada-wide Private School Expos to meet with top schools|