RETURING TO BEAUTIFUL NOVA SCOTIA, CANADA
The American Musical Theatre Academy provides intensive musical theatre training in London and New York. Co-founded by Canadians Kenneth Avery-Clark and Christie Miller we are delighted to bring the best of the West End and Broadway to beautiful Cornwallis N.S.
This two week intensive musical theatre summer camp will provide training for most ages and all levels. Participants will act, sing and dance daily (or choose your discipline) and train with Broadway and West End professionals who teach at our full-time academies. Students can also participate in optional evening activities and perform a show at the end of the two weeks.
“Incredible teachers and I made friends for life!” Maëva Feitelson, Switzerland
We are excited to be planning our second year of this wonderful experience in beautiful Eastern Canada! Here is some more information to get you planning:
- 12th to 25th August. Meet and Greet on the 12th (Sunday evening) so we can all get to know each other and have some fun before we start training the next day.
- The first week will be spent participating in general classes (acting, singing and dance). Choose which disciplines you want to do, or take all three, or mix and match – it’s up to you! The second week, we’ll dive into rehearsals for the big Showcase. This is where we put what we learned into practice. But remember, the aim is to have fun!
- Don’t worry if you are fifteen or fifty-five – as long as you are over the age of 12 (for over night camp) or 7 (day camp), you will be in good hands and we are confident you will enjoy it!
- If you would like the full experience of staying onsite, the cost of the overnight camp is CA$ 750 per week +HST including accommodation, all meals and all training. Accommodation is hotel style – no bunk beds or outside toilets here! We can offer really comfortable accommodation with proper bed and an en-suite bathroom! We usually have two people sharing a room, but if you prefer your own space you can ask for your own room for an extra fee of $CA TBC. We have staff members who are CRB checked and trained in First Aid who will be on site to ensure that everyone is safe and well looked after.
- If you would prefer not to stay over, you can choose our Day Camp. Day Camp is just CA$ 300 per week +HST or CA$ 60 per day excluding accommodation/meals If you do the full two weeks you will be included in the showcase at the end of the program. We can arrange lunch on-site for an additional charge.
- Flying in for the experience? No problem. We can arrange transfers to and from Halifax Airport at CAD $25 each way +HST per person. Pick-ups at Halifax airport will be scheduled at 15:00 and a later departure at approx. 17:00. For departures back to Halifax airport we will schedule a morning departure at 10:00 and an afternoon departure between 16:00-18:00. If your flight arrives or departs outside of those hours, you will need to make your own arrangements until the next pick up or drop off time. IF YOU ARE UNSURE PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE BOOKING FLIGHTS More information on this will be available when you book.
- The highlight of the two weeks is the performing in a showcase onstage in the 588 seat theatre at the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre at the end of the two weeks. Our show last year was a huge success and everyone left on a real high.
This really is a magical experience in the heart of one of Canada’s most beautiful provinces, and a chance to meet some other people from all over the world and have fun doing what you love! So make sure that you secure your place now by paying your deposit of $300.
Don't just dream it - do it!
“A magical blend of hard work and happy times” Gloria Saesura, Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia