The Association des camps du Québec (A.C.Q.) is a non-profit umbrella organization representing members who operate certified day camps, resident camps and nature classes in Quebec.
The A.C.Q. was founded in 1961. Its mission is to group together organizations offering resident or day camp and nature class programming in order to offer support, promotion and an assurance of quality service. All efforts are focused on providing children with a meaningful, group-oriented educational experience in a natural setting.
- To represent and defend the collective interests of member camps.
- To develop and maintain high standards of quality among member organizations through three certified programs.
- To support and promote member camps in the marketplace.
- To provide a forum for exchange and cooperation.
- To develop and offer training.