PIANO PROGRAM 10- 17 YO
French International Language Camps
As well as the language program, campers can enjoy PIANO lessons for two and half hours per day from Monday to Friday under the direction of the concert pianist Nathalie LANOË, 1st prize CNSM in Paris.
This program is aimed at children and teens who want to combine language lessons with piano during their vacation and improve and enjoy themselves through all kinds of music (classical, film, variety …).
This academy takes place from August 6 through 10, 2018 under the direction of the concert pianist.
The workship is from 2pm to 4:30 pm with a 30 minute private lesson, a personal work time in a rehearsal studio and a group lesson (keyboard deciphering, musical training and history of music …).
DAILY PRIVATE LESSONS
- Private lesson + group practice lessons + personal work time
- Discover different types of music: jazz, film etc
A very experienced teaching team to look after each individual.
August 5 – 11, 2018
- Adrenalin camp for children 12 – 17 years old
- Adrenalin camp 6 weeks from July 1 through August 11, 2018
- Piano Academy during Adrenalin camp 1 week Monday to Friday from August 6 through 10, 2018
- With or without accommodations
Objectives and spirit
We want the campers at this age to:
- Live the language they learn – put into practice their language skills with native speakers their own age
- Learn about different cultures
- Explore an incredible range of activities in the magnificent setting of Megève
- Understand the importance of team spirit
- Try new and exciting sports and arts activities
- Discover life in the Alps through visits and excursions
- Develop their sense of independence
Every weekday during the ADRENALIN or FUN camp, your child will:
WEEK 1: Your child will follow an Adrenaline or Fun program:
Every weekday, your child will:
- Follow an intensive academic program (in the morning):
- English or French, as a foreign language with a maximum of eight students per class, divided into groups depending on level. Varied resources are used (drama, roleplaying, interactive whiteboards, excursions).
- Take part in a different activity every afternoon:
- Sports activities are based on age and can include: swimming, ice skating, hiking with dogs, rafting, climbing, bobsleigh, adventure park in the trees, team games, hiking in the low mountains, biathlon, acrobatic ‘Parkour’, baseball, archery tag, trampoline, golf, slackline, wakeboard, mountain scooter, paintball, karting, escape game…
- Cultural and artistic activities: including a farm visit, visit to a cheese factory, museum of flora and fauna, theater, arts & crafts, drawing, painting, pottery, animal park, organic lake, cookery classes, visit to a fairytale park
- And in the evening there is more:
- After dinner we organize activities taking into account how tired the campers are. Activities can include: team games (charades etc), an evening grilling marshmallows, competitions and of course we finish the week with our Friday night camp disco.
WEEK 2: Your child will follow the PIANO ACADEMY program:
- Academic program in the morning as above
- Every afternoon, your child will take part in the Piano Academy classes.
- It’s showtime!! During the week, the campers prepare a production with our drama teacher and on Saturday they get to show off their talent to parents and public alike.
For those staying two weeks, we organize an excursion on the Sunday:
- Travel to the top of the ‘Mer de Glace’ (Sea of Ice) in Chamonix at 1913m by funicular railway. It is one of the most important sites in the valley of Chamonix and is the largest glacier in France (7km long and 200m deep).
- Take the gondola to the top of the Aiguille de Midi and enjoy the spectacular views of the Mont Blanc mountain range.
- Visit Annecy and its lake: tour the historic town of Annecy and experience its beautiful canals and blue-green lake. Annecy is known as ‘The Venice of the Alps’!
- Visit local mountain resorts each with their own specialty.
During the PIANO ACADEMY week:
07.30 – 8.15 Wake-up
08.00 – 8.30 Breakfast
08.30 – 8.45 Leave for school
08.45 – 09.00 Welcome the Day Campers
09.00 – 09.15 Assembly
09.15 – 10.00 1st language workshop
10.00 – 10.15 Break with bilingual team games
10.15 – 11.00 2nd language workshop
11.00 – 11.15 Break with bilingual team games
11.15 – 12.00 3rd language workshop
12.10 – 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 16.30 PIANO ACADEMY
16.30 – 18.00 Artistic activities or Tennis, Golf or Climbing options
18.00 – Day Campers leave
18.00 – 19.00 Free time/showers
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner
20.00 – 21.30 Evening activities , in the hotel or outside
21.30 – Bedtime for the younger campers
22.30 – Bedtime for the older campers
Saturday morning : fun activities
Saturday afternoon : drama production
Sunday: Full day excursion