DANCE PROGRAM 10- 15 YO
French International Language Camps
This program is for children and teenagers who want to continue their passion for dance during their holidays and learn new dance styles. During the week, they will invent their own choreographies to present to the rest of the camp.
- For children 10 – 15 years old
- 2 weeks: 1 week Adrenalin or Fun Program in Megève and 1 week DANCE Program
- July 1 to July 14, 2018
- July 8 to July 21, 2018
- Week 1: 15 hours language lessons
- Week 2: 15 hours language lessons and DANCE workshop every afternoon
Objectives and spirit
We want the campers on this program to:
- Make friends and exchange viewpoints with campers from all around the world
- Learn about and improve different dance styles
- Learn to communicate more fluently in another language
- Create a network of friends from the 5 continents
- Develop their sense of independence
During the DANCE ACADEMY, your child will…
WEEK 1: Your child will follow a Fun or Adrenaline program depending on their age:
Every weekday, your child will:
- Follow an intensive academic program (in the morning):
- English or French, as a foreign language with a maximum of eight students per class, divided into groups depending on level. Varied resources are used (drama, roleplaying, interactive whiteboards, excursions).
- Take part in a different activity every afternoon:
- Sports activities are based on age and can include: swimming, ice skating, hiking with dogs, rafting, climbing, bobsleigh, adventure park in the trees, team games, hiking in the low mountains, biathlon, acrobatic ‘Parkour’, baseball, archery tag, trampoline, golf, slackline, wakeboard, mountain scooter, paintball, karting, escape game…
- Cultural and artistic activities: including a farm visit, visit to a cheese factory, museum of flora and fauna, theater, arts & crafts, drawing, painting, pottery, animal park, organic lake, cookery classes, visit to a fairytale park
- And in the evening there is more:
- After dinner we organize activities taking into account how tired the campers are. Activities can include: team games (charades etc), an evening grilling marshmallows, competitions and of course we finish the week with our Friday night camp disco.
WEEK 2: Your child will follow the DANCE ACADEMY program:
- Academic program in the morning as above
- Every afternoon, your child will learn different styles of dance:
- Modern Jazz: They will combine dance with other activities and will work on a routine to present at the end of week.
- Learn the basics of Hip Hop.
- Street Dance: Modern Jazz mixed with Hip Hop, capoeira and other dance styles.
- It’s showtime!! During the week, the campers prepare a production with our drama teacher and on Saturday they get to show off their talent to parents and public alike.
For those staying two weeks, we organize an excursion on the Sunday:
- Travel to the top of the ‘Mer de Glace’ (Sea of Ice) in Chamonix at 1913m by funicular railway. It is one of the most important sites in the valley of Chamonix and is the largest glacier in France (7km long and 200m deep).
- Take the gondola to the top of the Aiguille de Midi and enjoy the spectacular views of the Mont Blanc mountain range.
- Visit Annecy and its lake: tour the historic town of Annecy and experience its beautiful canals and blue-green lake. Annecy is known as ‘The Venice of the Alps’!
- Visit local mountain resorts each with their own specialty.
During the DANCE ACADEMY week:
07.30 – 8.15 Wake-up
08.00 – 8.30 Breakfast
08.30 – 8.45 Leave for school
08.45 – 09.00 Welcome the Day Campers
09.00 – 09.15 Assembly
09.15 – 10.00 1st language workshop
10.00 – 10.15 Break with bilingual team games
10.15 – 11.00 2nd language workshop
11.00 – 11.15 Break with bilingual team games
11.15 – 12.00 3rd language workshop
12.10 – 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 17.00 DANCE ACADEMY
17.00 – 18.00 Artistic activities or Tennis, Golf or Climbing options
18.00 – Day Campers leave
18.00 – 19.00 Free time/showers
19.00 – 20.00 Dinner
20.00 – 21.30 Evening activities , in the hotel or outside
21.30 – Bedtime for the younger campers
22.30 – Bedtime for the older campers
Saturday morning : fun activities
Saturday afternoon : drama production
Sunday: Full day excursion