If you have a child that can not pass by a mud puddle without jumping in or a kid who can't get enough of creeks and ponds, then mud madness camp is for them. During this wet and wild week the kids will jump in mud puddles, explore ponds, search the river for natural clay, visit the mud spa, play water games and much more. Parents, just remember that kids are 100% washable and that extra clothes are a must.
Still hesitating? Well did know that mud puddles are actually great for kids? Here's why:
- Studies have shown dirt is good for your brain? There are types of bacteria naturally found in soil that activate the neurons that produce serotonin, a key chemical in many bodily functions, as well as a natural anti-depressant.
- Dirt is also great for the immune system, especially in children. Research has shown that early exposure to naturally occurring microbes in soil will help build stronger, more disease-resistant kiddos.
- Kids need time outside every single day. What better way to play outside than in the mud?
- Children who play outside laugh more, which means they’re happy! It also means their blood pressure and stress levels are lower.
- Kids who play outside grow in their character development: they become more adventurous, more self-motivated, and they are better able to understand and assess risk.