Cherith is the name of the brook the Lord sent the prophet Elijah to for spiritual refreshment. While Elijah was there, ravens brought food to him. You can read about this in 1 Kings 17:1-6.
Today we look at Camp Cherith® as a place campers come to learn more about Jesus Christ and have their souls refreshed by the Lord.
1. To enable children to enter into a personal relationship with Christ and to know his Word
2. To enable children to form healthy relationships.
3. To enable children to grow as whole persons
4. To enable adults to understand children and help them develop
We believe that:
1. A commitment to Christ affects every phase of a person’s life
2. God created people to be interdependent. A sense of community develops when people join together in close proximity around common causes and interests in spite of differing nationalities, beliefs and lifestyles
3. God has created each person a whole being, with individuality, uniqueness, dignity, and potential
4. People gain an appreciation for God and his creation when they are surrounded by nature