Prepare for the Expo
Choosing a school for your child involves more than just collecting facts and figures.
The Our Kids Private School Expo is designed for you to hear from other parents and students and meet with private and independent school representatives one-on-one.
Download a printable list of questions to bring to the expo
Questions to ask Schools
Arrive Prepared. Below are questions we suggest you consider.
What makes the school unique? What is the school's philosophy for students my child's age?
- What facilities and equipment does the school offer?
- What extracurricular and co-curricular activities are available?
- How does the school challenge and support student achievement and leadership?
- How does the school encourage involvement amongst parents, teachers and students?
- Ask for an outline of the school calendar. How long is the school day and the school year?
- What curriculum guidelines does the school follow and how are students evaluated?
- What is the average class size?
- What are the transportation options for my child?
- What is the admission process for my child? When and how do I apply? Does the school have specific intake years? Is there a waiting list?
- How much is tuition and what other costs might I incur (e.g. uniform, books, equipment)?
- What are my payment options? What student financial assistance is available?
Do you have a specific question?
We're here to help you make the best choices about your child's education. Call us at 905-272-1843 or email us your question. We can put you in touch with exhibiting schools, other parents and students and make sure you get answers.
You'll meet some outstanding exhibiting schools at the Expo, but you can start your research now using the advanced school search to narrow down your options and plan your day.