Prepare for the Expo
Choosing a school for your child involves more than just collecting facts and figures.
The Our Kids Private School Expo is designed for you to hear from other parents and students and meet with private and independent school representatives one-on-one.
Below are questions we suggest you consider.
What makes the school unique? What is the school's philosophy for students my child's age?
- What facilities and equipment does the school offer?
- What extracurricular and co-curricular activities are available?
- How does the school challenge and support student achievement and leadership?
- How does the school encourage involvement amongst parents, teachers and students?
- Ask for an outline of the school calendar. How long is the school day and the school year?
- What curriculum guidelines does the school follow and how are students evaluated?
- What is the average class size?
- What are the transportation options for my child?
- What is the admission process for my child? When and how do I apply? Does the school have specific intake years? Is there a waiting list?
- How much is tuition and what other costs might I incur (e.g. uniform, books, equipment)?
- What are my payment options? What student financial assistance is available?
Do you have a specific question?
We invite you to join our Private School Expo blog. Chat with exhibiting schools, other parents and students, or send us your questions and we'll answer them for you.
Narrow down your school options and plan your day. Search exhibiting and non-exhibiting schools using the advanced search to find those that meet your needs.