|PRIVATE SCHOOLS||SUMMER CAMPS||EVENTS||VIDEOS||BLOG||COMMUNITY||EXPOS||E-BOOKS||MOBILE|
|ADVICE GUIDE||SCHOOL LOCATOR||TYPES OF SCHOOLS||APPLYING TO SCHOOL||PAYING FOR SCHOOL|
At St. George’s, we ask our students to actively engage in the process of self-discovery and challenge themselves in order to grow emotionally, socially and cognitively.
Best practice research indicates that Teaching, Learning and Curriculum are the basis for the development of effective pedagogy. These three key components are interdependent and are constantly in motion. Our primary focus at St. George’s is on Learning, equally supported by the science and art of Teaching and the development and delivery of enriched Curriculum.
“Beyond great academics, beyond athletic victories, beyond getting into the right schools and getting the right jobs, there is frankly the more important business of education, which is an education that embraces not only the intellect but the heart and the passion. St. George’s so respects the value of the individual.”
– Shawn Levy ‘85, Producer & Director
At St. George’s, we embrace active and authentic learning by bringing together sequential and divergent thinking for creative thought and problem solving. Through the use of reflective learning techniques, students learn to connect the abstract through meaningful field trips and real-life experiences which engage students beyond the classroom wall and prescribed curriculum.
St. George’s favourable class sizes in the Elementary School and the High School provide the ideal learning environment. The nurturing and respectful classroom setting also allows teachers to adapt to the differences of the individual learner.
Every child has a vast and unknown potential waiting to be discovered.
At St. George’s, we focus on the whole child. By recognizing and celebrating the individual strengths and needs of each child, we prepare them to go forward in life with confidence and self-assurance. In addition to providing a
scholastically-rich and rigourous academic curriculum, a St. George’s education nutures academic success and personal growth through the following:
• The Discovery of Self: St. George’s encourages its students to develop an internal honesty that helps to determine what interests them. This self-knowledge enables a child to discover who they are and to seek out careers and life situations that will bring them happiness.
• The Encouragement of Curiousity: In contrast to traditional educational approaches, St. George’s progressive education draws children towards learning, as opposed to pushing them towards it. We empower our students’ curiousity and appetite for knowledge, allowing them to take ownership of their education by encouraging them to be active and equal participants in the classroom.
• The Acquisition of a ‘Life Tool Kit’: St. George’s rigorous academic standards and extra-curricular programming allows our students the opportunity to develop a range of essential life skills. Critical thinking, problem solving, and adaptability prepares the St. George’s student to continuously evolve and grow throughout the course of their life.
St. George’s School of Montreal provides a hands-on, well-balanced and rigorous educational experience. Mindful of the different strengths and needs of all of our learners, we prepare each student for what lies ahead.
At St. George’s:
• We challenge students to think critically and express themselves creatively; our students are confident problem solvers.
• We provide a nurturing, respectful environment that encourages both self-discovery and collaboration; our students enjoy and value learning.
• We embrace meaningful inquiry and thoughtful reflection within and beyond the classroom; our students grow into engaged and compassionate citizens.
• Grounded in the themes and practices of progressive education since 1930, St. George’s is aligned and actively engaged with research and innovation dedicated to the education of the whole child.
“Our graduating child could not have had a better high school experience. We are torn between our excitement for the future and wanting to roll back the years!”
At St. George’s, we understand the importance of our role in our students’ current and future success and happiness. We understand the impact that their social and emotional well being can have on their academic performance. We also understand that achievement isn’t only measured in terms of academic and/or financial success.
|Disclaimer: Information presented on this page may be paid advertising provided by the [advertisers/schools] and is not warranted or guaranteed by OurKids.net or its associated websites. See Terms and Conditions.|