This unique camp blends our highly regarded nature programming with recreation, adventure and games in a jam-packed 4 day/3 night session.
• Our traditional camp activities such as canoeing, windsurfing, kayaking, drama, climbing wall, traditional skills and more- Our traditional camp activities such as canoeing, windsurfing, kayaking, drama, climbing wall, traditional skills and more
• Dramatized hikes depicting a year in the life of squirrels, chickadees and other animals
• A nature theme and associated activities for each day
• An eco-puppet show
• Exploring natural areas such as our fen wetland, our mature deciduous forest and meadows.
• Our famous all camp game called “Zing Tong”
• The unforgettable “Survival Game.” Campers take on the role of an animal found in this area. Hiding from danger, finding food and water, avoiding disease and natural disasters, campers must try to survive for the duration of the game.
• Nature campfire with musicians and storytellers
• A visit by the Indian Reptile Zoo showcasing snapping turtles, lizards, crocodiles, snakes and many other reptiles and amphibians.
For 10 months of the year Camp Kawartha operates as an outdoor education centre. We specialize in delivering nature-based programming. Our nature camp capitalizes on our expertise and enthusiasm for teaching children about the outdoor world.
The session will be run by our experienced counsellors, joined by several of our outdoor education staff. They are gearing up to provide a magical session full of laughter, fun and outdoor learning.
All rates are in Canadian dollars, and are subject to 13% HST
Aug 29 - Sep 01, 2021
1010 Birchview Road
Thank you for using OurKids.net
Thank you for your interest in Camp Kawartha. They will send you information about this session: