Campers must be born in 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016 to participate in this camp program for 2020.
This summer have your child join us at the Camp Kawartha Environment Centre for one week of exploring natural and fantastic mysteries on the Trent Nature Lands. Your little one will experience days devoted to deep nature connection as we play, create and wander, while getting to know the plants and trees and the creatures that depend on them. Caregivers are encouraged to attend each day's "story of the day" closing circle as well as a special celebration and cookout at the end of the week.
Our days together will include:
* GAMES! (both active and quiet)
* Natural crafts
* Storytelling and song
* Activities to build sensory awareness
* Fire building skills, fun campfire activities and cookouts!
* Unstructured exploration
* Learning about hazards
* Safely foraging wild food with adult supervision
* Making safe simple medicine from nature including: salves, creams and teas
* Time in the garden
* Simple shelter building
* Fantastical characters
The aim of our experienced staff team is to support your child in developing a strong connection to nature in a safe and supportive environment. On top of our curriculum, we achieve this through inquiry and experiential learning. Although your child will most definitely leave with new knowledge and skills, most important to our staff is that your child has positive experiences out on the land. We allow our schedule each day to be guided by the needs and interests of the kids as well as to what exciting mysteries nature is providing us.
- If your child turns 4 between July 1st and December 31st, 2020, please contact the camp office prior to registering.
- Campers must be toilet trained (staff will assist campers when needed).
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate children born in 2017 and beyond. They are too young for this program, but we look forward to their applications in future years.
Check Availability and Register Online