- 3 level program
- open to ages 9+
- online in 2022
- operates in 3 timezones
- holiday & semester programs
- designed to be engaging
- designed to be fun!
- Demonstrate verbal and nonverbal delivery styles and strategies.
- Recognize and perform different types of speeches.
- Identify the necessary elements of a speech.
- Review and practice how to write a speech.
- Apply research skills and scholarly evidence to speeches.
- Present prepared speeches to the class.
- Incorporate interactive activities to practice learned skills.
- impromptu speaking
- prepared persuasive speaking
- humourous oratory
- skills for new mediums
- skills for all audiences
- confidence building
Online workshops are designed in a fun, interactive way. Participants develop communication and collaborations skills via opportunities to work together, share thinking and debate in a large group.
Online participants co-develop cases, debate as a team and receive feedback together; often as a side - pointing out strengths of argumentation and delivery.
Our online program is a supportive place, with lots of encouragement available for those who are trying new things. Participants are coached to honour what is being said by their opponents and welcome the efforts of others, even in competition.
All online groups and speakers opposite are grouped at an experience level that ensures the right level of challenge.
Online level groups are similar to all Debate Camps and open to adjustment post-registration to ensure program comfort and fit. Campers enrolling in multiple camps are welcome to try higher levels.