Learn the essentials of game design by harnessing the power of Unity to master creating 2D or 3D environments and levels. Use C# and the Unity Game Engine to design and code your own 2D and 3D games. Students will be introduced to basic game design concepts, including user experience design and beta testing.
Unity is the primary framework used to develop most of the video games people play today. At the beginning of the week, students will practice using the Unity editor to create levels and environments, program mechanics in C# and create a few guided projects. At the end of the week, students will work together or independently to create their own game with assets and mechanics of their choice.
This course is a Digital Media Academy | Pro course and requires specific hardware/software requirements. Please click here to view and download requirements.
Students will be able to…
- Understand the power of programming
- Create clear, readable, and efficient code
- Troubleshoot errors and solve logical problems
- Plan a game
- Understand the basics of level design, storytelling, and user empathy
Students will create...
- A 3D platformer game
- A 2D 'Find the Object' game
- One independent project
- A Game Design Document to pitch and organize their ideas
Game Developer, Programmer, 3D Design, UI/UX Designer