This course provides students with the opportunity to create their very own Minecraft Mods using Java programming. Students will be creating custom server-side mods using Code Kingdoms, a Java coding framework designed specifically to teach beginners to code in Minecraft.
Students will have the opportunity to follow along with some great tutorials, build mods, deploy them to a server, and test them. Code Kingdoms allows students to interchangeably program with a block interface, or completely in pure Java, so the course can be fun and rewarding for all levels of coding experience!
This course is a Digital Media Academy | Pro course and requires specific hardware/software requirements to participate in the course. Please download and review the Course Requirements prior to your enrolment in the course.
Students will be able to…
- Comprehend basic programming concepts with Java
- Structure project management and flow
- Apply game design processes and project management
- Perform playtesting, event, and iteration
Students will create...
- Event-based mods for Minecraft
- A game/adventure narrative
- Balanced additions to an existing game
Developer, Computer Programmer, Data Scientist, Game Developer, AI Programmer, Market Analyst, Web Developer