By the end of this course:
Students will be able to…
- explain App development principles including UI/UX design
- explain responsive design, prototyping, and testing
- demonstrate advanced programming techniques
- use arrays, data structures, and object-oriented design
- develop using React Native
Students will create…
- interactive mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- an Android or iOS app of their choice.
This course is one of our flagship Tech Camp experiences, infused with hands-on, project-based learning, designed to equip students with 21st-century technology skills. Students will engage in real-world problem solving and collaborate with fellow students to create solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems.
- Laptop or desktop computer running Windows or macOS that meets the minimum specifications of the hardware and software listed below.
- Built-in or external microphone
- Built-in or external speakers or headphones
- Google Chrome browser
- Additional computer screen/monitor (recommended)
N.B. All software is open-source (free). Students will be supported during their first lesson to ensure the software is installed and functioning correctly.
Join us on the beautiful campus of The University of British Columbia for an immersive on-campus learning experience. Outside of your course-specific lesson times, you will have the opportunity to tour the campus and gain a better understanding of life after high school.