Language Arts + Visual Art + Dramatic Arts
Where books come to life!
Students will be immersed in a novel through hands-on learning, strengthening their Language Art skills in the most creative way!
Curriculum developed and taught by an Ontario Certified Teacher.
In the morning students will be guided through a novel study. They will develop skills in short answer responses, character development, sequencing, story timelines, summarizing and much more.
In the afternoon students will experience creative hands-on learning projects that complement the novel study in the form of Visual Arts and Dramatic Arts.
At Apostrophe Kids Summer Camp, students will learn to:
• Develop a deeper understanding of the content of a selected novel
• Write effectively in various forms ex. short responses, plays, commercials, etc.
• Organize their thinking for written and oral work
• Build public speaking confidence through Dramatic Arts performances
• Express themselves through a variety of Visual Arts projects
Each day will be structured, but all experiences will be open-ended to allow for individual exploration and discovery!
Students will need to bring their own lunch, snacks, water bottle and CREATIVITY.