What is it about? - An in-depth book reading program that connects students with the stories.
Who is it for? - Students who love to read and watch movies.
Why do we offer it? -To practice reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
How is it taught? - In class: reading together, discussions, presentations, and comparison between the book to the movie; Homework: vocabulary and reading comprehension.
ABOUT THE BOOK - Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins Lexile Rating: Z - 810L
In the ruins of North America is Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by 12 districts. The Capitol keeps the districts in line by forcing them to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen, without meaning to, becomes a contender in the Games. But how will she choose between survival and love?
1. Identify characteristics & character development
2. Identify conflict & resolution
3. Understand & Summarize Plot
1. Reading comprehension questions
2. Creative depictions of significant chapters of book
3. Create OWN fried worm recipe in new chapter (with plot, character, conflict etc)
Thank you for using OurKids.net
Thank you for your interest in Focus Learning Academic Centre. They will send you information about this session: