What is it about? - An in-depth book reading program that connects students with the stories.
Who is it for? - Students who love to read and watch movies.
Why do we offer it? -To practice reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
How is it taught? - In class: reading together, discussions, presentations, and comparison between the book to the movie; Homework: vocabulary and reading comprehension.
ABOUT THE BOOK - Matilda
Author: Roald Dahl Lexile Rating: S -840L
Matilda is a child of wondrous intelligence. But unfortunately she is different from the rest of her family. Ignored at home all the time, Matilda escapes into a world of reading, exercising her mind so much she develops telekinetic powers...
1. Identify characteristics & character development
2. Identify text to media connections
3. Book & Movie comparison
1. Reading comprehension and analysis
2. Theme exploration: Response to literature
3. Re-write the end of the story with YOU as an additional character
Thank you for using OurKids.net
Thank you for your interest in Focus Learning Academic Centre. They will send you information about this session: