Course summary: Students at elementary to middle school grades are introduced to The Periodic Table and the construction of matter using the innovative tools from M:EE
Areas of Focus:
- Introduction of Atomic Theory and the construction of element blocks in Minecraft using the element constructor;
- Introduction to how elements combine to form compounds leading to everyday products;
- History of the Periodic Table and its place as one of the greatest advances in science;
- The behaviour and properties of element families;
- Fun play and engaging experiments for practice at home.
Main Skills to be taught and practiced:
- Scientific Analysis;
- Scientific Method.
End-of-Course Project: Students will collaborate on a group assignment to build an Periodic Table Amusement Park.
Prerequisites for the students:
- Current Version of Minecraft Education Edition running on a Mac, PC, or Chromebook;
- 3 button mouse is advised;