About this course
In this course students will learn about how the CCC works and the tools required to solve the problems. Students will take their existing foundation in programming and strengthen it by practicing on previous test. Students planning on taking this course will need to complete and do sufficiently well on the entry test.
What you'll learn
By the end of this course, students will learn and practice advanced Python programming topics such as reading and understanding CCC style questions and prompts, solving CCC style question, data structures and algorithms, using data structures and algorithms to efficiently solve problems, standard input and output, recursion and recursive algorithms, and multi-dimensional data manipulation and storage.
This course is special in the sense that there is only one unit.
- Mastering the CCC (16 weeks): The only unit in this course will focus primarily on the harder question on the CCC (J4 and J5). Students will learn about codeefficiency and the different data structures and algorithms one can use to efficiently solve difficult problems
Each lesson will last for 1.5 hours. Each class can be roughly broken down as follows:
- The first 5-10 minutes is spent going over what was covered in the previous class and what will be covered in today’s lesson.
- The next 20 – 30 minutes is allocated to taking up last week's homework.
- The remaining 45 – 55 is spent working on new material. During this time frame, students will ask questions, discuss with other students, and answer practice problems on their own.
Areas of Focus:
- Reading and understanding CCC style questions and prompts
- Solving CCC style question
- Data structures and algorithms
- Using data structures and algorithms to efficiently solve problems
- Standard input and output
- Recursion and recursive algorithms
- Multi-dimensional data manipulation and storage
Materials & Homework
All students taking this course must pass the entry test. Please contact Focus Learning directly for more information. The entry test ensures that students have the necessary Python knowledge to succeed in this course. Students who have taken and passed the entry test in the past year do not have to retake the test.