About this course
A Christmas Carol is one of the most well-loved Christmas plays in the world. It’s been performed by grown-ups, by kids, and even by Muppets, but this time, it’s our turn! Over this four-week course, students will practice and perform our own 10-minute version of A Christmas Carol, all within Minecraft. Do you want to act your heart out as Scrooge, or soar over the stage as one of the ghosts? Or maybe acting in front of a crowd is not for you, but you want to show off your art skills building the set, or your special effects wizardry as part of the stage crew. Whether you’re more comfortable on stage or off, there’s a part in the production for you!
Areas of Focus each lesson:
- Students will spend time reading through the script and learning performance skills.
- Students read the script directions for each scene and build a set for the actors to perform in
- Students will read character descriptions and design Minecraft skins with appropriate costumes and hairstyles for each character.
- Students will read technical directions and create Minecraft engineering circuits to create the appropriate music and special effects.
Main Skills to be taught and practiced:
- Reading aloud/oral performance
- Reading comprehension
- Art and Design
- Problem Solving
End-of-week Project: Students perform a production of A Christmas Carol in a theatre within Minecraft.