Unleash Your Inner Music Producer!
Learn to make beats, loops and tracks you’re proud to share.
Level 2: Advanced Beatmaking
Previous experience making electronic music with Ableton Live or other music production software is required.
Modern electronic music sounds like magic…but it isn’t. It’s the result of a process that you can learn. Our courses teach you to make electronic music with slamming beats, dazzling chord progressions, catchy melodies and drops that will blow your friend’s minds.
The only thing you need is a love for electronic music — no previous training is required for our introductory course.
Inside our facility you’ll use a dedicated laptop workstation equipped with Ableton Live, the gold standard in electronic music production, and a MIDI keyboard controller. Then take home a Pocket Operator, a portable synthesizer/drum machine by legendary synth manufacturer Teenage Engineering, so you can keep making beats at home.
Open to: Ages 12 – 17 with an interest in electronic music.
Cost: $120 per semester (Scholarships available for families in need).
Go beyond loop libraries and create original music in this course that focuses on modern styles like dub, hip-hop, trap and future bass.
- Craft breakbeats, rhythms and syncopated grooves.
- Learn to write your own original melodies, harmonies and bass lines.
- Get creative with song structure in Ableton’s Arrangement View.
- Enhance your sounds using effects like reverb, delay, and chorus.
- Replicate some of your favourite beats with tools and advice from our instructors.
Students interested in Level 2 should be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of music production concepts such as mixing, using EQ’s and filters
- Ability to make beats / program MIDI
- Ability to choose and tweak patches and synthesizers
- Experience creating melodies and bass lines
- Experience combining loops and samples to create songs
Offered to: Ages 12 - 17 with an interest in electronic music, beatmaking, recording or editing music. Some musical experience is an asset but not required.