This is a highly intensive SAT English Prep course. Many important grammar and reading skills are covered in this course.
Teachers: Nick Ni - a highly regarded SAT Prep teacher in the bay area and has taught thousands of students; many of his students have scored close to 800 on SAT Verbal and 36 on ACT.
Homework: Students are expected to complete 1 hour of homework per week in order to successfully complete the course.
Lesson Instruction: students will log into ivyGoal’s Zoom online classroom and study with us by following ivyGoal’s rigorous program.
Grammar Skills Covered
- Advanced tenses: Present Perfect and Past Perfect.
- Subject and verb agreement.
- Advanced singular and plural identification in composite sentences.
- Subject and verb identification in composite sentences.
- Conjunctions (however, in addition, indeed, nonetheless, whereas, whereby, provided that, albeit...)
- FANBOYS (for, and, neither/nor, but, or, yet, so)
- Independent vs dependent clauses.
- Adverb clauses.
- Adjective clauses.
- Noun clauses.
- Advanced countable vs noncountable.
Reading Skills Covered:
- Deploying different reading skills for different types of reading passages.
- What to read and what to skip or skim.
- How to identify the main idea.
- How to decipher an author's purpose.
- How to perform deductive reasoning.
- How to apply grammar skills to improve reading comprehension.
- How to become an active reader vs a passive reader.