LinkedKey's Model UN will introduce students to economics, politics, business, international trade, world history, law, sociology, military history, ethics and logic. The purpose of High School Model United Nations (MUN) is to increase children's knowledge about international issues, policy making and the activities of the United Nations. Children will gain valuable skills in:
- Public Speaking
- Research and Writing
- Negotiation and Powers of Persuasion
- Interpersonal Communication
What will children do and experience?
- Course Assignments
- In-Class Activities
- Role Play as a delegate at MUN conferences
During 2 hours of each class, 1 hour will be used to teach concepts and knowledge, and the other hour will allow students to apply the knowledge they have just learned to practice and discuss the conference in Model United Nations. At the end of the entire course, students will have a broader understanding of what forces shape the world in the past, present and future.
More importantly, children will have opportunities to represent LinkedKey as a MUN delegate at various famous Model UN conferences, such as 2023 Fall Princeton Model UN Conference in November!
MUN Continuous Learning Path
- Topics of Level 1
This is a beginner class that introduces students with the rules, role and responsibilities of the Model UN. Children could participate General Assemblies commitee in MUN Conference.
- Introduction to Model UN, & Icebreakers
- General Assembly (GA) Rules of Procedure (ROP) [Formal Debate]
- The First Gulf War
- General Assembly (GA) Rules of Procedure (ROP) [Negotiation & Compromise]
- Prep Time
- GA Simulation
- Fun MUN
- Topics of Level 2
This is an intermediate class of Model UN. Upon completing the Level 1 class.
- End of History (Fukuyama)
- End of History (Writing Activity)
- Russian Empire (Pre-USSR Russia)
- USSR-Geography Exercise
- Introduction to Communist Ideology
- Karl Marx Readings
- Introduction to Fascist Ideology
- Fascist Ideology Pre-WW1
- Fascism & East Asia
- The Rose of Nazi Germany
- Rules and Procedures Review
- Working Paper Writing Review
- In-class Simulation
- Point of Information (POI) Exercise
- In-Class Assessment
- Level 3 & 4
The student could participate crisis commitee in MUN Conference.
* We provide both in-person & online classes.
Check Course Schedule: https://linkedkey.com/sign-up/
LinkedKey Mississauga Campus: 3300 Ridgeway Dr #11, Mississauga, ON
LinkedKey Markham Campus: 7550 Birchmount Rd Unit 101, Markham, ON