In the summer writing course, students are immersed in all aspects of writing, including sharing their work with their peers. The students have opportunity to learn how to add details to their personal, informational, and persuasive writing. The students will practice skills of adding details into writing both in class and after class homework.
Improve your sentence style
- What can I do to add variety to my writing?
- What can I do to add details to my sentences?
- How can I make my sentences more interesting?
Write Effective Paragraphs
- How can I find interesting details?
- How can I be sure all my details work well?
- How can I turn my paragraphs into essays?
Response to Literature
- Traits of a Response to Literature
- The Writing Process
- Designing and Sharing your Essay