The kids will fall in love with the fascinating world of video game design!
This is an exciting, hands-on, fun summer camp that provides opportunity to learn Roblox, one of the fastest growing computer game creation platforms! We’re offering a bouquet of 3 courses on game design using Roblox. The beginners can progressively move through the courses, whereas kids having enough prior experience in Roblox can directly enroll for the intermediate game designing courses. Across these 3 courses, campers will learn the basics of Roblox Studio, how to script using Lua and various aspects of Lua programming, design a customized obstacle course (Obby), and finally build a full-fledged Soccer Game.
In the end, we can promise that your child will fall in love with this immersive game engine and it will pave their way for a successful academic career in STEM!
Intro to Game Design using Roblox
This course will introduce students to game design using Roblox Studio. Students will learn how to set up and navigate Roblox Studio, understand the various components, create parts, objects and terrains and customize them. Kids will be introduced to scripting using Lua and build their first game.
- Prerequisite: None (suitable for beginners on Roblox)
- Duration: 5 hours (1 hour session daily Monday-Friday)
- Price: CA$99 / week + HST
- Camp Dates: July 27-31, Aug 10-14, Aug 17-21, Aug 24-28, Aug 31 - Sep 4
- Time Slot: 10 AM - 11 AM
Age Group: 9-13
Online Course Requirements:
- Mac / Windows PC or Laptop (Chromebook or iPad will not work)
- Roblox and Roblox Studio installed
- WebCam (integrated with PC/Laptop or separately connected)
- Stable internet connection with required access to Zoom Video Conferencing