Explore the world of coding by building real-world projects to creatively solve our society's problems.
By building situational applications like websites and apps, participants will learn what coding is in a hands-on way, emphasizing coding fundamentals. As a result, participants will come out of this program with a better understanding of what "coding" is and its uses.
Kids (7-11 years old) will work with Scratch & App Inventor to create 2D games and apps for mobile phones.
- Learn fundamental and some advanced coding constructs
- Build logical thinking skills
- Understand various coding structures like lists, functions, and loops
- Build problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Bring your laptop with a webcam and microphone (we can arrange one for an extra $50 fee)
- Compatible devices are Windows and macOS
- Some coding experience would be a nice-to-have