Sweet & Savoury Camps: If your fanatic foodie has an interest in both the culinary and pastry arts, then this is the session for them. Your chef-in-training will learn fundamental cooking and baking techniques, proper knife skills, and diverse cooking methods as they prepare a wide variety of both pastry and culinary menu items. Each day we will prepare both a sweet recipe and a savoury recipe that can be consumed for lunch (morning group) or even dinner prep (afternoon group).
Objective: To teach our campers both pastry and cooking skills, along with the culinary theory and knowledge to build their self-confidence both in and out of the kitchen. Upon completing the program, students will be empowered and excited to execute both sweet & savoury recipes at home, and have the skills necessary to help with family meals with ease.
- All camps are conducted LIVE on Zoom
- Learn from Real Chefs
- 14 campers per week with a 1:7 chef to camper ratio
- Register for camps based on Age & Cooking skills: JUNIOR for ages 7-10; & SENIOR for ages 11-16
- Camps are offered: Mornings (10:00am - 12:30pm) OR Afternoons (1:00pm - 3:30pm)
- Register by the DAY or by the WEEK to best fit your summer schedule
- More info: https://www.rookstocooks.ca/summer-cooking-camps/
Junior (Jr.) vs. Senior (Sr.) Camps:
- JR camp curriculum has been built for entry level cooks looking to build on their skills and grow their passion for the culinary arts.
- SR camp curriculum is tailored for intermediate to advanced cooks looking to challenge themselves and expand their recipe repertoire.
- If you’re not sure where your child fits in, students ages 7-10 are recommended to join our JR group and teens ages 11 – 16 are recommended to join our SR group.
- Contact us and we would be happy to help find the ideal class for your young chef!
Parental supervision and or support requirements are completely dependent on your child and your family’s comfortability with your child’s independence in the kitchen.