Our gamified course puts the FUN in the fundamentals of coding!
Swift Fundamentals is designed to teach kids the fundamentals of coding in the Swift language, used by professional developers to create apps on your favourite Apple products!
- Classes take place over Zoom, with an industry expert
- This is a beginner coding course for children, no previous knowledge in coding is needed
- Swift Fundamentals is a coding course aimed at kids aged 11-15*
* This age range is a suggestion, not a rule. If your child has an interest in coding and you’re wondering if Swift Fundamentals is the right fit for them, please contact the course instructor. Regardless of where they are in their coding journey, we want all kids to have the opportunity to learn to code!
Your child will need:
- An Apple iPad (running iPadOS 13.4+) or Mac (running 10.15.4+)
- A stable internet connection
- The free app “Swift Playgrounds”*, installed on your iPad or Mac
- Zoom - installed on your Mac, PC, or iPad
*NOTE: The Swift Playgrounds app is not compatible with PC/windows*
Swift Fundamentals Curriculum:
Week 1 - Commands and Functions & Robotics
Week 2 - For Loops & Accessibility
Week 3 - Variables & Internet of Things
Week 4 - Conditional Code & Health and Technology
Week 5 - Types and Initialization & Augmented Reality
Week 6 - Functions with parameters & Privacy
Week 7 - Logical Operators & Conversational AI
Week 8 - While loops & Gaming
Week 9 - Arrays and Refactoring & Entrepreneurship
In addition to a personalized learning experience for two hours a week with an Apple certified instructor, your children will also receive:
- Fun games and activities (using Garageband, Clips and other apps) to do outside class time.
- Concepts related to STEM and STEAM
Let’s learn, code and create together!