We help break complicated concepts down into more manageable pieces and personalize our teaching style to accommodate each individual student's unique learning profile.
After a Diagnostic Assessment, we identify any areas of improvement. We challenge students to improve not only for their current grade level, but the next so students are prepared and moving forward.
Students go beyond just content and summarizing -- higher-order critical thinking and analysis are developed while reinforcing fundamentals. Each lesson offers many opportunities to gain mastery with constant feedback, guidance, and encouragement.
Our Tutors and Lessons:
- Private (1-on-1) and/or Small Group Lessons (4 students maximum)
- Engaging, Subject-Expert, Top-Canadian University/Certified Tutors
- Student-focused, individualized approach aimed to inspire students to enjoy the learning process and challenge them to grow to their fullest potential
- Clear success strategies, personalized mentorship/guidance, and regular communication with parents to provide a comprehensive approach to learning that goes beyond textbooks and "just academics"
- Each tutor is vetted, trained, and has years of experience teaching students from various backgrounds
Practical Study Strategies, Test-taking Techniques, Better Habits, and Life Skills:
- Advance Faster in School with Proven Methods and Individualized Lessons
- Develop Effective Time Management, Organization, and Independent-Study Habits to Excel in School and Everyday Life
Writing - Essay Writing, Organization and Structure, Literary Analysis:
- Writing Process - Brainstorming/Pre-Writing, Organizing Ideas, Structuring Compelling Arguments, Research and Finding Examples/Quotes, Adding Detail
- Essay Writing - Pre-Writing, Research and Quote Analysis, Common Essay Topics, Writing a Strong Thesis, Structuring a 5-Paragraph Essay, Types of Essays, Constructing a Strong Argument, Common Student Errors to Avoid, Proofreading, Editing, Writing a Final Copy
- Literary Analysis - Understanding Themes, Conflicts, Critical Lenses, Literary and Rhetorical Devices, Plot, Character Development, and Common Essay Topics
- Aligned with the Ontario Curriculum
- Improve Logical Reasoning and Critical Analysis.
Fundamental English - Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension:
- Build a Strong Foundation in Vocabulary, Grammar, Comprehension, and Study Strategies for English and other School Subjects.