We're excited to be offering weekly online STEM programs for students in grade 3 to 12! Programs are developed and taught by undergraduate/graduate science or engineering students, Teacher Candidates, or Ontario Certified Teachers.
Online Summer STEM Program runs weekly (4- or 5-days) for two hours daily. All sessions are live and guided by our wonderful team of Instructors and volunteer Counselors. On Monday, Instructors and volunteer Counselors will start with a brief introduction, set goals and expectations, and do Icebreakers so that participants can get to know each other. The remaining time will be for engaging in STEM activities and Q&A.
Like our in-person programs, we are offering four to five unique themes for each grade section! Themes include:
- Adventures in Space
- Nature Explorers
- Spectacular Structures
- CSI: Camp Scene Investigation
- Medical Science
- Flight Academy
- Code with Kids! Intro to Computer Science
- Science of Sound
- Neuroscience: Meet the Mind
- Space Science
- Veterinary Science
- Science of Movies
- Marvelous Mechanics
- Sustainable Future
- Big-Time Bio-Chem
More information about our online programs can be found here: https://scix.yorku.ca/online-summer-programs/
Testimonials from Summer 2020
- "The program was great, the instructions given to the kids were extremely clear and the kids had enough time to complete their tasks on their own. The program included physical activities which kept the kids in an amazing mood and very focused. The group games were fun and engaging. The instructors were amazing and gave the same attention to every single kid in the class. Thank you for the interesting and fun program!"
- "We really enjoyed the program. I loved that it has a hands on section and that most of the supplies were household items. I believe this will also greatly help my child with her remote learning this year."
- "I just want to say a big thank you to you and your instructors Justin and Vanessa. This is the best virtual camp that our children have attended so far! My daughter had a great time learning from Justin and Vanessa. The instructors are constantly engaging the students and making sure they are understanding and following the instructions, and of course, the instructors were being extremely patient and helpful. They kept reminding the students that it’s ok to make mistakes and we may not get things perfect the first time. They are always encouraging the kids to try their best and praising them when they have good attitudes. It was a great learning experience and the kids had fun! Thank you!"