This course teaches the basics of simple and complex machines, motors, energy and simple coding concepts through hands on building and instructive lessons. Students learn to work through various projects to demonstrate various educational concepts that are fundamental in the mechanical design of robots.
- Simple Machines: Pulley, gears, lever, wedge, wheels and axle
- Complex Machines: Combination of simple machines
- Wind Energy
- Powered Machines
- Battery Packs
- Basic Coding
- Recognize simple machines and how they work
- Identify where the energy transfer occurs within a model (i.e. motor powers the wheels by turning the gears, which causes the car to move)
- Understand various mechanical models in order to complete open ended challenges
- Learn team work and how to problem solve
Location: 298 Danforth Ave, 2nd Floor, Toronto
Program Fee: $160 per month (90 minute session per week)
When: Visit our website for the current weekly class schedule and to register.
Registration is open year-round. Contact us to book a complimentary trial class!
Why Zebra Robotics?
- Small groups for more personalized instruction
- Self-paced learning
- Certified and supportive coaches
- Renowned robotics competition awards at regional, national & international levels
Benefits of STEM: Learning robotics and coding at a young age helps children learn and develop in various aspects including:
- Be great problem solvers
- Develops resilience by solving challenges
- Expands creativity and ingenuity
- Teaches critical thinking
- Expands fine motor skills
- Learn how to have fun with math
- Work as a team and collaborate
- Opens up future career interests