Question and Answers

How do I get my son to go to an English school if he doesn't have a certificate of eligibility?

Expert Answer

We have some information on certificate of eligibility on our site here: as well as a list of English language schools, including a number of schools that do not require a certificate to apply. The English-language private schools in Quebec that do not require English eligibility are those that do not receive subsidization from the province of Quebec. Most elementary programs are not subsidized and therefore do not require eligibility, but many private secondary schools do receive this subsidization. We advise contacting the schools of your choice to inquire about their eligibility requirements and application process. You may find the following additional articles helpful in regards to certificate eligibility: We are also hosting the Montreal Private School Expo on September 14th, 2014, which is a great opportunity to speak with a number of different schools face-to-face about their programs and any questions or concerns you may have, as well as sit in on information seminars. Many parents find this a valuable resource to get information and help narrow down their choices:

Private School Expos

By logging in or creating an account, you agree to Our Kids' Terms and Conditions. Information presented on this page may be paid advertising provided by the advertisers [schools/camps/programs] and is not warranted or guaranteed by or its associated websites. By using this website, creating or logging into an Our Kids account, you agree to Our Kids' Terms and Conditions. Please also see our Privacy Policy. Our Kids ™ © 2020 All right reserved.

Sign up to receive our exclusive eNews twice a month.

You can withdraw consent by unsubscribing anytime.



verification image, type it in the box


Our Kids  From Our Kids, Canada’s trusted source for private schools, camps, and extracurriculars.