Beacon of Light offers a Life Skills Program that aims to promote understanding of what it means to be a responsible, caring citizen in our increasingly global society.
It proposes an integrative approach: focuses on the interrelation of disciplines (e.g. combining Art with English, Math, Social studies activities).
- Ignite imagination and cultivate love of learning
- Develop critical thinking skills through literacy and other relevant activities to improve analysis/evaluation of information
- Acquire problem-solving skills through developing a broader frame of mind (e.g., take into consideration different perspectives and/or solutions to a problem and select the most appropriate)
- Develop cross-cultural awareness by exposure to texts and visual art from cultures around the world, field trips, and cultural events to learn to accept & appreciate social diversity
- Develop self-knowledge awareness through text-to-self connection activities to increase understanding of own beliefs, values, attitudes, experiences and feelings and how they shape own concept of self-worth and approach to learning
We are always happy to answer any of your questions concerning this exceptional program or any others that we offer.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.