Our 4-week intensive Academic English program provides students the knowledge, skills and strategies to successfully transition into an English secondary school or university and for those who are seeking an academically rigorous English program.
This program is designed for English speakers who understand idiomatic language, advanced grammatical structures, and complex speech. Students will stretch their communication competencies through participation in leadership training activities. Students will develop problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills. Content includes:
- the writing process – planning outlines, constructing paragraphs, developing thesis statements, and supporting the thesis with analogy, established fact, and quotations
- academic integrity – citing, paraphrasing, and avoiding plagiarism
- effective group-work training: turn-taking, working in culturally diverse groups, negotiating, cross-cultural communication skills
- public speaking skills including monologues, debates, recitations, and other opportunities to present publicly
- social media and Internet skills
- intercultural communication skills