St. Andrew’s 117th school year closed last week with Prize Day ceremonies that recognized achievement and graduation dinners that celebrated lessons learned, friendships forged, and memories made.
The Middle School Prize Day and Graduates’ Prize Day ceremonies can be viewed online at www.sac.on.ca/live. A complete list of Middle School and grade 12 award winners have been posted for viewing.
Photo galleries are available for both the Grade 8 Graduation Dinner and the Grade 12 Graduation Dinner, the Middle School Prize Day and the Graduates’ Prize Day.
To view and select digital images taken by school photographer Paul Mosey, click on:
Middle School Prize Day 2016
Graduates’ Prize Day Ceremony 2016
Grade 8 Graduation Dinner 2016
Grade 12 Graduation Dinner 2016
Year in Review
This year, the student body included 623 boys in grades 5-12 with 362 day students and 261 boarding students from across Canada and 31 countries worldwide.
The 109 members of the Class of 2016 received 534 offers of admission, 33 outside of Ontario, 70 U.S., and 30 international. On average there were 4.9 acceptances for each student, and 82% graduated as Ontario Scholars.
- St. Andrew’s College (SAC) welcomed 170 new boys in grades 5 to 11 on New Family Orientation Days in September.
- As part of the IT Department’s three-year replacement program, 735 Fujitsu T935 tablets were handed out to faculty and students.
- The cast of Oliver! and two pipers perform for Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and the Honourable Elizabeth Dowdeswll, Lt. Governor of Ontario, at the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award International Forum in Toronto.
- The new D. Bruce Macdonald Scholarship was awarded to five new day students – one in each grade from 5 to 9 – representing a $500,000 annual investment by SAC toward the education of local boys.
- The Holiday Heroes program in partnership with the York Region Children’s Aid Society helped 218 families, bringing SAC’s nine-year total to 1,318 families helped and more than $1 million raised.
- A new tradition began with the debut of An Andrean Christmas at Roy Thomson Hall.
- Fifty-five music students successfully audition for and perform at the Conference of Independent Schools Music Festival
- The 27th Annual Focus Festival of the Arts featured 29 plays, six from Middle School, and an art exhibit, which included a collaborative painting project, The Pines – with brush strokes from 300 contributors.
- SAC’s 15-member DECA team earned four medals at the provincial championship.
- NCAA schools offer five SAC student-athletes scholarships in hockey and football.
- The Petrachek McGillivray Pipes & Drums Centre officially opened after a $2 million refurbishment to the West Annex building.
- Grade 12 McEwen Leadership students raised over $31,000 for this year’s SpringSmash charity, Jumpstart. This brings the six-year cumulative total raised by McEwen students to more than $100,000.
- More than 100 SAC musicians complete at MusicFest Nationals in Ottawa, where the Middle School Band won silver and the Wind Ensemble a gold for the first time at level B400, the highest achievement ever for the School at this prestigious competition.
- SAC launches a new responsively designed website with 400 pages and 12,000 links.