CMS strives to provide quality education in a safe, diverse, nurturing and creative environment that fosters the development of the child. It is our goal to foster an environment that produces academically motivated, artistically creative, physically active and emotionally supported students. Our collective aim is to prepare children to reach their full potential, to play a responsible role in protecting the global environment, and foster peace and harmony.
- Helping each child reach their full potential
- New, Spacious, Naturally lit, French Immersion & Private Elementary Campus
- French and English Montessori Kindergarten at our Maplehurst Campus
- French Immersion Elementary
- English Montessori Elementary
- Before and Afterschool Programs
- Toddler & Casa Programs at our Sheppard Campus
- Happy & stimulating learning environment
- Open House every Thursday from 9am-4pm
Our Take: Central Montessori School – Maplehurst Campus
Since it was founded in 1995, CMS has grown to include five locations in the GTA. The program is founded on the core ideals that Maria Montessori promoted in her work, those of respect, community, purposeful engagement, and self-directed learning. That said, Montessori didn't create her program as a museum piece, but rather as a starting point, and that's a spirit that CMS upholds as well. Dr. Montessori, as has been said, "adjusted and adapted her educational system to better serve children's needs, and well-functioning Montessori classrooms typically share many features reflecting those adjustments." One of which was, of course, a willingness to adjust and adapt. As such, the CMS program includes, as at the Maplehurst location, a computer lab, a library, and a music room. In all, the focus is very clearly on the child, and supporting child development, which is just as it should be.