A University preparatory program for students in Grades 4-12. Edge School integrates academics, athletics and character development. Along with small class sizes and flexible academic schedules, Edge School offers strategic, research based programs designed to incorporate the benefits of sport, education, recreation and health. Learn more about a school community that strives to build a culture of personal excellence in academics, athletics and character.
- Small class sizes and flexible academic schedules
- We operate like a mini-University; acclimatizing student-athletes to education and sport
- Our goal is to graduate top end student-athletes with leadership and character skills
- The academic performance of our students and teachers places us in the top 20% of Alberta schools
- Our team staff members are full-time, certified coaches and trainers
- All of our athletic facilities are here under one roof (arenas, gyms, dance studios, clinic etc.)
- Edge School develops top quality student-athletes and prepares them for the next level
- Student-athletes are finished by 5:00 p.m.
Our Take: Edge School
Edge School was founded in 1999 with just 7 students in its inaugural year. Within a decade it grew to over 300, where it remains today. In 2009 the school moved to its current location, a 170,000 sq ft school and athletics centre purpose built to house the Edge program. You don’t have to demonstrate your athleticism to apply, though athletics and physical activity is the school’s reason for being. The vision for the school is to be a leader in student-athlete development, and athletics are present, in some way, in every aspect of the life of the school. The Spanish teacher, for example, is a certified personal trainer; the social studies teacher is a national ringette champion. No, it’s not necessary to be athletic to be a good language teacher, but the school has been crafted as a place where students will work and learn with others who share their passion and their interests, and that alone can be transformative. They’ll find themselves among peers in the truest sense of the word, and live a daily schedule that is built to support their training. It’s not for everyone, but of course no school ever is. For the right student, Edge School is unequalled.