Miss Edgar's & Miss Cramp's School was founded in 1909 by Maud Edgar and Mary Cramp, two trailblazing educators. Although still not allowed to own the property that housed their school, or even to vote, Miss Edgar and Miss Cramp were determined to create educational opportunity for young women, to change their place in the world. Those roots in activism and leadership—and the desire to do things better, and more equitably—remain at the school today. The strength of the academic program is a principle draw, though the values, very rightly, are as well. The school has built itself around an ethos of achievement, providing opportunities for authentic engagement with the curriculum and substantial interaction with like-minded peers and mentors. The ideal student is one who shares that vision, and who has the interest and the drive to play an active role in a changing world.