When we first “opened our doors” in 1991, we were housed in the lower level of the old Mason's Hall in the village of Campbellville. At that time we had just 13 students enrolled in the school, 3 were kindergarten age, and the rest were between grades 5 and 7. Even in our first two years, we had a busy events calendar which included trips to the Ontario Science Centre as well as to Ottawa and Quebec City. Mayor Gord Krantz visited us, and we also held our first May Plays by hanging drapes between wooden posts.Two years later we moved to our current location, a beautiful Ontario farm house, with its rolling fields and inviting woodlands. Built in the early 1860's by the Blacklock family, the building had been expanded with a larger wing and the ground floor was utilized for classrooms. Today we have a modern, updated, and inviting school where over 80 students learn, inquire, and grow! It seems with age, Hitherfield only gets better!