Our world does not need more test-takers, memorizers, or followers. Now more than ever, we need critical thinkers, entrepreneurs, creative problem solvers and doers. Odyssey Heights School for Girls meets the challenges of girls in the 21st Century by applying current cognitive neuroscience research, kindness, & a healthy dose of common sense to develop: Resilience, Empowerment, Academics, Creativity, & Health in all our students. Odyssey Heights girls R.E.A.C.H. higher, & have the skills, confidence, compassion, tenacity, & bravery to succeed in life. Our Montessori International Curriculum is: brain-based, multiple learning styles positive, project-based, hands-on, and interdisciplinary. Lessons are individualized for each student. Students work at their own pace with teacher guidance & direction in our multiage learning communities. Equestrian Program & 1 month of overnight trips are included in tuition. We have a max 1:10 teacher to student ratio. We offer: Peace Education, French Ministry of Education FSL Curriculum (DELF), Agriculture & Environment course, Duke of Edinburgh Award, 1:1 iPads/MacBooks, & a July term. Grade 12 starts in 2020-2021. Universities are actively recruiting our future graduates. New for 2019-2020: Lower tution & fees, and we're moving to Bloor & Spadina.
- School-Wide Equestrian Program & One Month of Overnight Trips Included in Tuition
- No Homework Ever!
- School starts at 10:30am - No More Sleep-Deprived Teens!
- Nobel Prize Nominated Peace Education Curriculum, plus Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Nature, Outdoor, & Mindfulness Focused PhysEd.
- French Ministry of Education French Curriculum & Diploma (DELF)
- Purple themed, UK designed school uniform for all seasons
- New downtown location on both Bloor & Yonge/University TTC subway lines
- Focused on Girls Mental Health & Giftedness
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma courses with two teachers per course
Our Take: Odyssey Heights School for Girls
Every private or independent school has its own identity, and its own profile, and Odyssey Heights is great reminder of that. Every day begins at 9:55am with yoga, Pilates, dance, or fitness. The students take part in a robust outdoor ecological and experiential education program, and grow and sell organic produce. There’s a no-homework policy, and the school does almost all the back to school shopping in part to ensure that home time is family time. There is a focus on both the arts and the sciences, and through those to empower girls to engage with others, to take a role, and to fill it. It’s not your typical school, which is precisely the source of Odyssey Heights’ strength.