Woodland is a vibrant community of learning where students are equipped for lives of Christian faith and service. Each student's abilities and interests are encouraged. Students come from Kitchener/Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Drayton, Listowel and surrounding areas (including international students). Students receive an excellent education which prepares them well for university and/or college. Students receive opportunities in varsity sports, music, drama, and international service trips.
How well-suited is your child to WoodlandCHS?
- Competitive Sports Programs
- Provincially Recognized Music Programs
- International Robotics Participation
- Choir and Drama Productions
- International Student Programs including Course Integration and Multicultural Clubs
- A variety of co-curricular activities
- Transportation to and from school including After School Activity Busing
- Strong Academic Support and Differential Learning Programs
- Active Student Government and Student Leadership Programs
- Experiential Learning Trips including Theatre, Outdoor Education, International & Service Trips
Our Take: Woodland Christian High School
John van Pelt, the principal at Woodland, is a graduate of the school, and that’s telling. Community is an important aspect of Woodland, and van Pelt, having experienced it both as student and staff, offers a nice continuity to the life of the school. Community, of course, extends to the faith community, including service opportunities within local churches, something that is a primary draw for the families that enroll here. The student population is just north of 300, which is a nice place to be, one that allows a rich program of extra-curricular programming, while also maintaining a small-school, inclusive feel.