Why choose a private high school or elementary school in Ajax?
The best private schools in Ajax as listed above offer parents and families a number of distinct benefits, compared to other options.
- Especially, in elementary schools’ middle and primary grades, kids benefit from the smaller class sizes you’ll find in schools above. Kids receive healthy amounts of individual attention in private schools. (Montessori schools are an exception to this, where large, mixed classes are considered a boon to education.)
- In many areas, private schools offer increased safety and security.
- You’ll find the best facilities at the top private schools in Ajax. As you tour schools on your shortlist, you’ll learn about each school’s IT resources, its sports facilities both indoor and outdoor, and other extracurriculars like clubs, intramurals, and more.
Paying for a private school in Ajax
Private school tuition is expensive, but there are numerous ways to make tuition more affordable. Here’s a look at how to reduce or even eliminate costs:
- Scholarships and bursaries. Scholarships are merit-based grants offered by schools and other organizations, available to students with strong academic standing. Bursaries are available to those who demonstrate clear financial need. The Ajax high school or secondary school may recommend a financial institution that will assess your finances to determine if your family is eligible for a bursary. You can learn much more from our full portal on financial aid for private schools
- Provincial tax credits are available to many Ontario families. If you send your child to a faith-based school in Ajax, your tuition may qualify as a charitable donation, for which you can receive a tax rebate. Similarly, if you enrol your child in a special needs school, costs can be considered medical expenses.
- Ajax has a number of community support organizations that can also help with private school tuition, especially if your child has specific needs public schools can not deal with.
Private school regulations in Ontario
Private schools in Ajax are subject to provincial regulations, of course. An Ajax private high school that wants to issue credits must undergo inspections from the Ontario Ministry of Education. As with all Ontario schools, independent schools must meet standard criteria. That said, the schools listed above go far beyond the provincially mandated curriculum, and infuse it with richly innovative educational approaches.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Ajax private schools are there?
There are 6 Ajax private schools that are Our Kids trusted members.
How much is tuition at Ajax private schools?
Tuition fees for Ajax private schools range from $12 to $78,215 per year with an average tuition of $21,234 per year.
What’s the largest school?
Of the Ajax private schools, the largest is Crawford Adventist Academy with 300 students in Grades JK to 12.
Are Ajax private schools good?
We interviewed both parents and students. You can read reviews about Ajax private schools on this page.
Is there a private school expo where I can meet with Ajax private schools?
Yes. You can meet with private schools and education experts at the Our Kids Private School Expos held every year in September and October. These events are designed for both parents and students. Find event details and ticket info here.