On this page, we list the best private schools, including preschools, in Fredericton. Although we don’t rank these schools, we provide in-depth reports of them. We profile their academics, curriculum, student body, financial aid, culture, and much more. We also provide video and written reviews of these schools.
The benefits of Fredericton private schools
Fredericton private schools have many benefits. Here are just a few of them:
- Academics: These schools tend to have high-level, challenging, and stimulating academic programs. This may include the International Baccalaureate (IB) and Advanced Placement (AP) programs.
- Community: Many of these schools have warm and tight-knit communities. They provide a safe, welcoming, and fun environment for students.
- Student support: Most of these schools have robust student support systems. This may include academic and psychological counsellors, health and wellness centres, tutors, and homework clubs.
- Extracurriculars: These schools tend to offer a broad scope of extracurricular and co-curricular activities. These may include arts, sports, and educational programs.
Paying for a private school in Fredericton
When you reach out to elementary schools and secondary schools in the list on this page, they’ll happily provide you with info about how to best pay for the school. OurKids.net also provides a treasure trove of information about paying for school. Here are some of the main options available:
- Many schools offer bursaries, which is a need-based type of financial aid. Some schools offer significant tuition reductions to families in need. Don’t be afraid to ask as schools are more than willing to discuss your options with you.
- Scholarships are available at some middle and high schools (and some primary schools). This source of funding is typically merit-based, and it’s related academic achievements. Scholarships are also sometimes awarded based on scores on entrance tests like the SSAT.
- If your child has special needs, they may be eligible for funding from the government.
- If the school offers before or after-school care, this is tax deductible.
Private school regulations in Ontario
If a school seeks to give credits toward a diploma, then it must allow Ontario Ministry of Education inspections. Moreover, any school in Ontario must meet provincial standardized criteria. Private schools in Fredericton often surpass provincial guidelines, offering an especially rigorous and challenging curriculum. When you’re looking into a private or independent school, especially a high school or secondary school, confirm that it’s registered with the Ontario Ministry of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Fredericton private schools are there?
There is 1 Fredericton private school that is an Our Kids trusted member.
What’s the largest school?
Of the Fredericton private schools, the largest is Fredericton Montessori Academy with 115 students in Grades PS to 10.
Are Fredericton private schools good?
We interviewed both parents and students. You can read reviews about Fredericton private schools on this page.
Is there a private school expo where I can meet with Fredericton private schools?
Yes. You can meet with private schools and education experts at the Our Kids Private School Expos held every year in September and October. These events are designed for both parents and students. Find event details and ticket info here.