Somerset Academy ADMISSIONS
Private schools in Canada have admissions policies, and they require application materials. These may include letters of application, application fees, essays, and tests (such as the SSAT). Many schools also require interviews with prospective students. Schools also use different criteria for evaluating student applications, have different acceptance rates, and target different kinds of students. To improve your child’s chances of acceptance, find out everything you can about a school’s admissions policies and how they assess applicants.
|Interview||1 - 8|
|SSAT (out of province)|
|Entrance Exam(s)||2 - 8|
Somerset Academy admissions deadlines and fees
Day students: Rolling
Offer mid-year entry: N/A
Application fee: $150
Registration fee: N/A
What Somerset Academy says about their admissions requirements:
Acceptance into Somerset is determined by means of an academic screening, and the completion of the following preliminary steps:
• Parent and Student interview
• Submission of a deposit
• A completed and original application form
• Birth certificate/passport (photocopy)
• Health insurance card (photocopy)
• Immunization record (photocopy)
• Medic alert card, if applicable (photocopy)
• Custody agreements, if applicable (photocopy)
• 3 Copies of the June report card from the previous year and all report cards from the current year (if applicable)
• A completed and original transportation permission form
• A completed and original media release form
• A completed and original release of information form/OSR request (if applicable)
Completion of these steps does not necessarily guarantee acceptance into Somerset Academy.
For further information, please call the school at (905) 940-8990.
Learn about the percentage of students typically accepted into Somerset Academy. This can help you gauge your chances of getting into this school. For instance, a 95% acceptance rate means a school is relatively easy to get into, while a 10% acceptance rate means it will be difficult to get into.
Somerset Academy acceptance rate: 95%
Somerset Academy student entry points
Schools accept different numbers of students at different grade levels. Learn how many students are accepted into Somerset Academy at each grade level.
What type of student Somerset Academy is looking for:
Students are welcome to apply for entry to any level from JK to Grade 8.
THE OUR KIDS REPORT: Somerset Academy
Next steps to continue your research: