Like other parts of BC and Vancouver, Surrey is home to many great private and independent schools. These schools offer a high-quality education to kids of all ages, from preschool to secondary school.
Want an insider's perspective? Oct 3 to 24, 2020
Take 90 seconds now, and get free access to the Private School Admissions Pathway, a sequence of virtual events and your own personalized portal to manage your school research and improve your admissions prospects. You'll receive:
- Recommended schools specific to your needs
- A frank look at the challenges and weaknesses of each school
- Insights from parents about what they wish they had known before enrolling
Only available Oct 3-24th. Don't miss out.
Types of schools in Surrey
There are a wide range of different types of private schools in Surrey. Below, we describe some of the main ones.
- Alternative: Alternative schools differ from traditional schools in their approach. For example, many offer student-centred, experiential, and inquiry-based learning. Montessori, Waldorf, and Reggio Emilia schools are examples of alternative schools you’ll find in Surrey.
- Special needs: These Surrey private schools support a wide range of special needs. This includes learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, and non-verbal learning disorders. It also includes ADHD, intellectual disabilities, troubled teen behaviour, and oppositional defiance disorder (ODD).
Choosing a private school in Surrey
There are plenty of private schools to choose from in Surrey. Make sure to do lots of homework before you select one for your child.
Several factors may play a part in your decision. For instance, you may consider a school’s cost, location, teaching approach, community, and curricular standards.
For helpful advice when you make this decision, read our choosing a school guide. You can also read our guide to the top questions to ask private schools. To visit with many schools, all in the same place, go to our Vancouver private school expo, held in the fall.
On this page, we list private and independent schools in Surrey, BC. Click on a school profile to learn all about it, and click through to a school’s website to contact them directly.