Quick summary of Montessori education in Whitby
- Montessori schools in Whitby provide a unique alternative to conventional schools. Its progressive approach, introduced by Maria Montessori, is used in thousands of schools worldwide.
- These schools are child-centred. They don’t have a pre-planned or one-size-fits-all curriculum. Instead, children’s studies radiate from their core interests into all curricular areas.
- Teachers capitalize on the way children naturally learn. Children learn in developmentally appropriate ways and thereby build confidence and self-esteem.
- Learning is decentralized. Teachers rarely lecture, and children do lots of self-directed work, mostly at their own pace. Children often do work that interests and stimulates them, either independently or in small groups.
- There’s plenty of concrete learning and practical life activities. However, there tends to be more abstract learning at the higher levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Whitby Montessori schools are there?
There is 1 Whitby Montessori school that is an Our Kids trusted member.
How much is tuition at Whitby Montessori schools?
Tuition fees for Whitby Montessori schools range from $11,250 to $11,250 per year with an average tuition of $11,250 per year.
Are Whitby Montessori schools good?
We interviewed both parents and students. You can read reviews about Whitby Montessori schools on this page.
Is there a private school expo where I can meet with Whitby Montessori schools?
Yes. You can meet with private schools and education experts at the Our Kids Private School Expos held every year in September and October. These events are designed for both parents and students. Find event details and ticket info here.